According to You


On a beautiful sunny, blue sky summer day I was cruising down the highway when a song that I had not heard in a while came on the radio. The song is called According to You, by Orianthi. Have you ever heard it? It starts off like this

“According to you
 I'm stupid 
I'm useless 
I can't do anything right 
According to you I'm difficult 
Hard to please
 Forever changing my mind

The song goes on a little bit more then Orianthi sings…

“But according to him
I'm beautiful
Incredible
He can't get me out of his head
According to him
I'm funny
Irresistible
Everything he ever wanted

Orianthi, is singing about two different guys. I do not think it takes a rocket scientist or Dr. McDreamy to figure that one out. The first man doesn't see the good in her. While the other man is wild about her. As the chorus continued I thought this song could totally be about two guys I know. Satan and God.


The song start off with the lies Satan wants me to believe. Then finishes with the truths from God. Satan tells me I am stupid.  Useless. That I can’t do anything right. Yet God thinks I am beautiful. Incredible. He can’t get me out of His head. I am everything He ever wanted. Those lyrics could not be more true.

Do you ever hear those lies from Satan? Or the truths from God? Both? Which do you usually believe?  

This world is a mess guys. The lies that we see and believe every day are heartbreaking. Ladies, if we are not a size two, tall, thin and tan than we need to give Jenny Craig a call and run to the closest gym and apply for their monthly membership. Gentlemen, if you do not have those washboard abs or that super fast sports car than you aren’t manly or successful enough. Again, lies. 

But guess what? We should not be according to this world but according to Him. According to the One who died for you. According to the One who thinks you are irresistible. According to the One that knows every area of your heart, the good and the bad, yet loves you anyways. According to the One who is for you. According to the One who will never leave you. Not ever. No matter how far you run. His arms will always be open wide waiting for your embrace. 

So stop listening to the lies Satan  and this broken fallen world throws at you... “You are stupid. You are useless. You can't do anything right

You are none of those things. You are perfect. You are worthy. You are loved. You are cherished. You are special. You are YOU!

No one can be you. No one will ever compare to you. There is only one you!
So get rid of the lies the world and Satan tell you and believe that God is for YOU. 






Comments

Popular Posts