Life Is

"Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get" - Forrest Gump

Forrest said it the best, "you never know what you are going to get." One day life is fantastic and the next day you struggle to even make it out of bed because it is just knocking you out.

Life is crazy.
Life is hard.
Life is sad.
Life is awesome.
Life is full of failure.
Life is full of success.
Life has ups.
Life has downs.
Life is simply a wonderful ride.

We try and try so hard to do life the way we want it or the way we think life should be. We drive down our own path thinking we are heading in the right direction. Then all the sudden when the road becomes steep, full of twists and turns, potholes, lots of potholes, and takes us through low valleys we wonder what happened to our perfectly paved road.

This last year has been a difficult one for me. I graduated from Liberty University in May 2014 and I moved home to save a little money. What I did not realize was how hard this transition was going to be on me. This transitioning stage of life sucks and to be completely honest I HATE IT. I have never felt so much stress before. I have a Type A personality. I like to be in control of things. I like to know what I am going to next. In this transition I am not even close to knowing what is next and that freaks me out.

As a student you always know what is to come. First it is elementary school after that you enter the middle school. After middle school you go into high school. After high school, if you so choose, you attend college. After college you get a job orrrrr you try and find one..

So here I am transitioning..
Elementary School. Check
Middle School. Check
High School. Check
College. Check
Job. Career. Real World... not checked

I am living at home with very few friends around unsure as to what I am going to do next or where I am going to go and I am okay with that.

This is exactly where God wants me to be. He has used this last year to really strengthen my faith, trust and patience in His perfect timing. Proverbs 16:9 reminds us that "we can make our plans but the Lord determines our steps." I have to remind myself that this is just another "stage" in life and it will soon pass and one day I will look back and see how silly I was for disliking this phase of life when it really made a huge impact on my future.

God has continued to remind me that He will never leave me nor forsake me no matter what phase of life I may be in. He has always come through for me and He will always come through for you too. Whatever road of life you are on right now, whether you are cruising along the highway or lost in the mountains, God will not leave you. He wants nothing but the best for you in this crazy thing called life and He wants to be on this ride with you. But not in the backseat or even riding shot gun, God wants to be in the driver seat of your life.

So I have to ask...are you in the driver seat of your life or is God? If your answer was you, I encourage you to move over, hop into the passenger seat and let God drive. He will take you to places you have never been before and places you never thought you would be able to go.

It won't always be easy there will be bumps along the way but trust me it is worth the ride!


Comments

Popular Posts