Life Without Limbs

I saw this photo on Pinterest and it really struck home to me. It puts life into perspective a little bit. I wish I could make the pictures larger, the captions are too small to read but this is what they say...

"This is Taylor Morris and his girlfriend Danielle Kelly. They were living a happy ordinary life, they had no idea what was about to happen. He had to leave the US and travel to Afghanistan for his solider duty. This destiny did not let him avoid the consequences of the war. While he was serving his country something terrible happened. While he was clearing the field for his squad, he stepped on an improvised explosive device and lost his 4 limbs. 
"I felt the heat beneath my legs and saw them fly away in seconds" he said.
 "When I found out what happened I couldn't control my breathing. I was thinking, why did this happen to us?" said Danielle. 
He is of the few people in the hospital that survived his 4 limbs being amputated.
 Today he can proudly walk and stand!"

Now if  that doesn't bring you to tears you better re-read that and look closely at the pictures! 
This man is a HERO! He took time away from his loved ones to serve our country so we can... sit on facebook and twitter and complain about how our life "sucks"! What is wrong with us!? 
I first hand know how hard life can be with one missing limb, I cannot even image losing all four. 
Please take a minute and be thankful for all that you have! Someone right now is wishing they could get up and run or tie their shoes! We take the littlest things for granted. I challenge you to stop complaining about the small things and instead be thankful that you have them. In a matter of minutes they could be gone. Please pray for those over seas putting their life on the line so we can be free. Pray for their families too, they are also sacrificing a lot. So next time, before you complain or whine about something, stop and think and be glad you can do the things that you do.

"You give and take away.
You give and take away.
My heart will choose to say,
Lord, blessed be your name."

Comments

Popular Posts