Time Hop.


Anyone else have that time hop app? The one where it takes you back in time and shows a picture you posted on that very day one, two maybe six years ago? Well personally I do not have the app downloaded but I do have Facebook and they have their very own time hop. Whether I like it or not I get to see embarrassing pictures I posted years ago and shake my head at the fact that I thought it was okay to go out in public looking like that.

Well yesterday, December 16, this photo popped up in my Facebook time hop newsfeed.  


At the top of the photo it said “6 years ago today”. In that picture I had just walked onto the basketball court for the very first time during my senior year. It was the fourth game of the season and I had missed the first three. I remember that day like it was yesterday. The memory is so vivid I can almost feel the sweat on my forehead, smell the popcorn in the gym and feel my heart beating uncontrollably out of my chest. I remember the eruption of the crowd as I entered the game and the rush of emotions that took over my body. I walked onto that court with adrenaline pumping through my veins, butterflies flittering in my stomach but without my shooting hand. Less than four months earlier I had my dominate right hand amputated due to blood clots caused by Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. As I looked at one of my favorite photos, I could not help but think about how far I had come.

Flash forward six years to December 16, 2015.

I was dressed in purple and white once again. Though not wearing #10 on the court but rather dress pants and a purple scarf on the sideline as the head freshman girls’ basketball coach at my Alma Mater.  What a difference six years makes. God is so good and He is faithful.

That time hop photograph reminds me that pain, sweat, tears and hardships do not last forever. It reminds me that Christ is faithful and He is for me, with Him all things are possible. Lastly it shows me how many people are in my corner rooting for me. Guess what? All of those can apply to you too! Whatever trail you are facing right, whatever stress has a hold of you right now, have hope because it will not last forever, I promise! Second, God is for you. He is not going to leave you and He wants what is best for you. Lastly, think of all the people in your corner. Family, friends, maybe even a stranger, who has helped and supported you along the way. They are in your cheering section with a big sign and your name is on it!

As 2015 come to a close and time hops away from us, remember that Romans 8:28 tell us that

we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

He uses everything. The good, the bad and the ugly. He has a purpose for your pain and suffering it will not be wasted. Let Him do marvelous things in your life so when time hop pops up on your screen you can smile and be proud of how far you’ve come (:


Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!
xoxo,

C

Comments

Popular Posts