No Excuses Rise Above


                Things happen in life that do not make sense, things that are out of our own control. But when adversity strikes what do you do? Do you run away from it? Turn to someone for help? Or look at it square in the face and say “bring it?!!” Most people will be too timid to look adversity in the eyes. But if our God is for us who can be against us? There is no reason to worry about the storm you are in because God is a God who loves, who is in control and who will not turn away from you. Everybody is familiar with the saying “everything happens for a reason” but what is that reason? I know that I would love to know why God allows tragedies to happen. Why did He allow me to lose my hand? Why did God take a loving father at only 40 years old? Why is such a fantastic young man sitting in a hospital bed paralyzed? I could go on and on with hundreds of “why” questions for God but that will not do me any good.  Instead of making excuses for what has happened I chose to RISE ABOVE.
                Today marks one month since 17 year old Chandler McBride’s diving accident that forever changed his life. It just really makes me think about how precious life and good health is because it can be taken away in the blink of an eye. While lying in the hospital bed sapped of energy instead of making excuses Chandler is determined to rise above this tragedy in order to walk again. In order to overcome any obstacle life throws in your way with whether it be walking again, learning to deal with loss or just something as simple as getting through a bad day, remember that you are loved and cared for by the Creator of the universe. Chandler is not going to be able to walk again if he doesn’t want to put in the time, hard work and effort into reaching that goal. Yes it is going to be hard; yes he will have bad days. But if he trusts that the Lord is on his side and will be there for him, I believe that he will walk again one day.
                When tragedies happen you can dwell on the negatives or do a complete 180. You can either feel sorry for yourself or you can step up and rise above what has happened. I get the question all the time “Why don’t you ever cry over the loss of your hand?” “How come you are never sad?”  To be completely honest I do not see the need to be sad, depressed or cry about it. Crying is not going to get my hand back it is only going to make things worse. The more I think about having one hand the sadder I become. Instead I sit back and look at what I have rather than focusing on what I lost. When it comes down to it what I lost is far less than what I have.  I may have lost my hand but I still have my life, my health, my family, my friends and most importantly my God. I trust and believe that He is in control of every square inch of my life. I hope that you trust your life with Him too. He is an amazing God who can do incredible things. 
No Excuses Rise Above!

“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
Matthew 19:26

Comments

Popular Posts